When it comes to cleaning your home, quite often, the one thing that gets overlooked more often than anything else is carpet. Sure, your carpet may look clean, but with the technology of today’s vacuums and clear collection cups, you can actually see the dirt and dust that they pull out of a supposedly “clean” carpet.
When our technicians show up to do carpet cleaning in the Nashua NH area, our clients are amazed when they see the dirt that our machines extract from their “clean” carpets! When it comes to carpet cleaning in Nashua NH, Chem-Dry of Merrimack Valley is the service leader in the area. Chem-Dry cleans more carpet than any other carpet cleaning company in the industry. We are always looking to educate our customers as to how to keep your carpeting looking newer, longer. A few tips are:
- Vacuum your carpeting often and very thoroughly. You’ll be surprised at the dirt and dander that is in your carpeting.
- If need be, and you have a stain emergency, you can use a quarter of a teaspoon of liquid detergent, as long as it doesn’t contain bleach, and a cup of cold water to gently remove the stain. You never want to brush the spots, but to gently scrape them toward the center and then blot with a damp clean cloth.
- Remember, your carpet is not stain proof, it is stain resistant. Addressing a spill or stain immediately increases the chances of removing it. Nearly all stains can be removed within the first few days with one cleaning compound or another. The longer the stain sits in your carpet, the harder it will be to remove.
- In time, all stain protectants wear and gradually lose effectiveness. To keep your carpeting well protected, have it treated with a protectant after cleaning.
- Don’t forget, just as your carpet gets dirty, so does your furniture. Keep in mind that we also do upholstery cleaning and can facilitate that while we are there cleaning your carpets.
- It is recommended that you have your carpeting cleaned a minimum of once per year, and depending on the traffic, possibly every six months.
When you schedule an appointment with us to have your carpeting cleaned, there is very little you need to do before we arrive. Removing plants, floor lamps or any other items resting on the carpet is all. After our job is complete, although we remove nearly all of the moisture in your carpeting, it is helpful to use a fan to circulate air to complete the drying process. Carpet cleaning in Nashua NH is something we take very seriously. If you would like to discuss having carpeting or upholstery cleaning done in your home, give us a call at 603-882-8802.